- Empty one section of your house and declare it the “dance floor”
- Purchase an Alexa or high quality wireless speaker for your house, invest in airpods for your purse or briefcase, and download Spotify and start creating themed playlists
- Take every opportunity to listen to music with your friends and loved ones and dance like nobody’s watching
For many years I had always been rushing to do one task then another, always wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of getting shit done. It wasn’t until recently that I realized I could make small changes to enhance the quality of my life and the lives of my friends and family through music and dance. By simply adding music and dance to normal activities, it’s amazing how much you can uplift your spirit and enjoy being present in any moment of the day. Let me walk you through some example of when I have been layering in dance and music to my daily routine:
- Driving to my 5a workout in the morning = cranking tunes in my car on the way.
- Working out at OTF – AMAZING playlists motivating me through my workout.
- Chopping vegetables, cooking, cleaning, folding laundry at home – playing music via wireless speaker.
- Grocery shopping – listening to my jams on my Apple airpods.
- Dealing with cranky children during the witching hour at home – pick up each one of them and dance to their favorite songs with them on the “designated dance floor” in our house.
It’s so easy to get stuck in your busy routine and forget that there are small things you can be doing to increase the joy in your life. Embrace music and dance any chance you get to lift up your mood and spirit.
#usetimewisely #getfoxxi #passion